|Welcome to the hardware driver installation walkthrough. This walkthrough is designed to take you through the steps necessary to install the drivers for your Hauppauge PVR-500 MCE capture card.
- Download this PVR-150/500 Driver package driver
file and save it to a folder on your hard disk. Extract the contents to it's
- Shut down and unplug your computer's power cord.
- Install your PVR-500 MCE card per the manufacturer's
- Connect your input cabling to it and then plug your computer back in and power up.
- These screens are taken from Windows XP SP2. Windows XP pre-SP2 and Windows 2000 users, skip (Figure 1), and proceed to (Figure 2).
- If you receive a pop-up window stating that the drivers
are not "Digitally Signed", select the "Continue Installing" button.
Failure to do so will result in an incorrect installation. Under
no circumstances should you "Stop Installation", or the card
will not work properly!
Hardware detection and Installation:
When Windows starts for the first time after you have physically installed the PVR-500 card, Windows will detect it and present you the following screen (Figure 1):
Select "No, not this time" (Figure
1) and click Next. You will see the next screen (Figure 2):
Click "Install the software automatically (Recommended)" (Figure
2) and click Next to continue to (Figure 3):
Windows will search for the drivers and install them automatically (Figure 3). Continue on to (Figure 4):
When Windows has finished installing the drivers (Figure 4), you will then see (Figure 5):
Once Windows has completed installing the drivers (Figure 5), click Finish.
Verifying your installation:
To verify that all devices are installed, right click
on your My Computer icon, and left-click on "Manage" to bring up the Computer Management window. Left-click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, and you will see a list of device categories on the right side. Scroll down
if necessary on the right, and left-click the plus (+) sign next to "Sound, video, and game controllers".
You will see something like this (Figure 6):
Your list of drivers under here may be different, but
there will be two "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner #)" entries
like the ones shown in (Figure 6). If you see these entries then everything
is installed properly and you may close this window. If you see an (!) exclamation
point or red X mark please contact SnapStream tech support at http://www.snapstream.com/support.
Driver installation is complete!
© Hauppauge is a Registered Trademark
of Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.