SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance builds on the company’s more than 10 years of experience with hundreds of customers and its recent takeover of end-of-life Volicon from Verizon Digital Media Services.
New York, NY, Oct. 16, 2019—SnapStream, a Houston-based software company, launched SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance today at NAB Show New York, adding a new offering to its TV recording, searching, and clipping products that are already used by hundreds of customers.
The launch of SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance follows SnapStream’s agreement with Verizon Digital Media Services in April 2019 to be the official Volicon transition partner. Since then, more than 100 Volicon customers have transitioned their support to SnapStream Support.
The launch of SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance is the next phase of SnapStream’s successful takeover of Volicon. SnapStream’s new product has all of the core monitoring and compliance features:
- Inputs from a variety of sources (SDI, ASI, TSoIP, HLS, and more)
- Loudness compliance (LKFS)
- As-run log integration
- Ratings display
- Audio watermark detection
- Closed captioning compliance
- SCTE-35 logging and monitoring
- Clip export with burn-in
- Custom alerts and notifications via email or Slack
“The SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance launch builds on our depth of experience and extends SnapStream into an exciting new market,” said SnapStream founder and CEO Rakesh Agrawal. “The amazing SnapStream team is what differentiates us—from our engineers, who build user experiences that save our users time, to our support team, who deliver on a high standard for responding to customers and resolving issues, to our customer success team, who deliver the best on-boarding experience.”
“I have gotten to know SnapStream really well through the Volicon transition process and they have all the key ingredients to pick up where Volicon left off: SnapStream has excellent management, engineering, and support, and SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance is built on a strong technical foundation that’s been in use for over a decade,” said Gary Learner, cofounder of Volicon.
SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance is an ideal solution for local TV stations and local TV station groups, broadcast networks, cable networks, and multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs). SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance has several key differentiators from other products on the market:
- Easy to use: New users only need minimal training, and customers end up spending less time doing mundane and repetitive tasks.
- Enables collaboration across the organization: SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance makes collaboration effortless. For example, SnapStream’s powerful “Clip and Email” feature makes it easy to share TV clips between internal departments, such as engineering and legal, or between ad sales and external stakeholders, such as customers or regulatory bodies.
- Scalability with “Super Clustering”: SnapStream’s “Super Clustering” feature allows organizations to scale geographically to access TV channels in different parts of the world using a single unified interface. “Super Clustering” is perfect for local TV station groups, as well as national and multinational media companies.
- Powerful search: SnapStream’s best-of-class search technology, which also powers TV clips at The Daily Show and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, provides powerful and simple search across all captioning and other compliance metadata.
- Flexible deployment model: Customers can deploy SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance on their own hardware (and use virtualization) or on SnapStream-built-and-supported hardware.
- Seamless transition from Volicon: Through its deal with Verizon Digital Media Services, SnapStream supports Volicon’s as-run log and Nielsen ratings XML configuration files for the most seamless transition from Volicon to SnapStream.
Those who are interested can be among the first to see SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance at NAB New York 2019, or can contact SnapStream to learn more.
Press can contact email@example.com to learn more.
SnapStream is a Houston-based technology company that enables organizations to record, clip, share, and monitor broadcast TV and live video. With SnapStream, users can choose to do everything from instantly capturing, creating, and sharing video clips and GIFs to social media, to monitoring their feeds for regulatory and business-mandated compliance. SnapStream’s hundreds of customers include The Daily Show, Last Week Tonight, CBS, Major League Soccer, Talking Points Memo, and Politico.
SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance's Multiviewer.
SnapStream Monitoring and Compliance's loudness graph.
The SnapStream team.